Saturday 2 August 2014

Hip Hip Hoe-ray

With the weather forecast predicting an end to the fantastic heatwave we have been having, I was determined to get the plot cleared before the rain arrived...

Finishing work early on Friday, I managed to get another hour at the allotment and clear another few meters of grass and weeds...
Almost finished...

Sunday morning saw me at the allotment earlier than ever, ready to tackle the worst part of the entire plot.
The top section was full of lumps, bumps and holes from the previous pwners potato crop. Luckily for me, the weather was much cooler, allowing me to get stuck in and finish the last of the ground clearance.

An hour was all it took to hoe out the final weeds, last clumps of grass and remaining crops. By nine o'clock the entire plot was cleared to bare soil, ready for raking over and deep digging...

Phase One Completed















No comments:

Post a Comment